RuPay Card Scheme is a domestic network set-up to provide secured, robust, scalable, simple, transparent, inclusive, user friendly and affordable solutions to entities to issue cards in India. NPCI introduced a unique feature of insurance of Rs. 1 Lac (accidental death or permanent disability only) on RuPay Debit Card and RuPay Debit Card under PMJDY with HDFC ERGO General Insurance Company (HDFC Ergo) w.e.f. April 01, 2014 to March 31, 2015. Extension of Insurance program beyond aforesaid period will be communicated by NPCI before the expiry of current period. Following are the details of the said Insurance Program:-
Terms and Conditions:
- All RuPay Card holders (including all variants and Jan Dhan i.e. PMJDY Cards) will be eligible for the benefit under the Insurance Program.
- Benefits of Insurance will be available only to the Cardholders who have performed minimum one successful financial or non-financial transaction at any Channel both Intra and Inter-bank (ATM/MicroATM/POS/e-com) 45 days prior to incident.
- RuPay cardholders will be eligible for the compensation of only 1 eligible RuPay card per cardholder or per customer, even if multiple cards of different bank are meeting the eligibility criteria. The choice of the card for the claim would rest with the customer.
- Personal Accident Insurance is open to RuPay cardholders from the age of 18 years to 70 years. It may be noted that age below 18 and beyond 70 years shall not be eligible to avail the insurance scheme.
- Compensation of Insurance benefit will be made to the eligible bonafide beneficiary, as per the law of the land, on submission of complete documentation set prescribed under Procedure for Claim.
Procedure for Claim
- Claim for insurance against policy will need to be submitted by the member bank. NPCI has made this arrangement as a value added offering on RuPay Card, however process provision have been made whereby member banks are required to register the claims directly with HDFC Ergo as per claim process enclosed with this document.
- The enclosed document i.e. Claim process, FAQs, Claim Forms and Policy Wording may be referred in order to communicate the features to channels and RuPay cardholders.
- Claim Intimation should be made within Thirty (30) days from the date of Loss. In case where a person is hospitalized (and under a critical condition) and is unable to file claim within 30 days of loss/incident, such claim cases will be honored by HDFC Ergo if all terms under the policy are met as on date of loss. Here date of loss is the date on which incident has occurred.
- The claims will be settled in 10 working days from the date of receiving the complete documents set and assessment of entitlement by HDFC Ergo.
|Sr. No.||Annexure||Document Name||Remarks|
|i||Annex A||Claim Process (5 pages)||For use of Banks for internal and customer education|
|ii||Annex B||Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) (10 pages)||For use of Banks for internal and customer education|
|iii||Annex D||Claimant's Statement Form A (Accidental Injury Claim) (1 page)||Form|
|Claimant's Statement Form E (Accidental Death) (1 page)||Form|
|iv||Annex E||Claimant's Statement Forms A (Accidental Injury Claim) (1 page)||For reference of Member Banks|
|Attending Physician Statement Form D (Accidental Injury, Hospital Cash Claim) (1 page)||For reference of Member Banks|