Domestic Savings Interest - date 20/04/2020 w.e.f.
|Balance at End of the day||Rate of Interest in %|
|Upto 20 Lakhs||3.10|
|Above 20 Lakhs||3.50|
Rate of interest on domestic term deposits, NRO accounts, capital gain accounts scheme 1988, recurring deposit scheme and psb fixed deposit tax-saver scheme
|Revised w.e.f. 08/06/2020 (% p.a.)|
Less than Rs.2 Cr
|7 - 14 Days||3.50(#)|
|15 - 30 Days||3.50|
|31 - 45 Days||3.50|
|46 - 90 Days||4.25|
|91 - 120 Days||4.50|
|151 - 179 Days||4.50|
|180 – 269 Days||5.00|
|270 – 364 Days||5.10|
|1 Year - 2 Years||5.55|
|Above 2 Year < 3 Years||5.55|
|3 Years – 5 Years||5.55|
|> 5 Year – 10 Years||5.55|
(#) Minimum amount of term deposit shall be Rs. 1.00 lac
- For mobilization of fresh Term Deposits or renewal of existing Term Deposits of above Rs. 2 Cr, prior permission is to be obtained from H.O. Investment Management Department. ROI for the same are also available on Bank’s Intranet site
- Senior Citizens shall be given benefit of additional interest of 0.50% on term deposits of less than Rs. 2 crore, over and above the mentioned rates for the maturity of 180 days & above for fresh as well as on renewal of term deposits, same shall not be available to NRE and NRO Deposits.
- Interest Rates on "PSB FIXED DEPOSIT TAX SAVER SCHEME" will be as under:(as per RMD Circular no 233 dated 12.10.2012):
Maturity Public Sr. Citizen Staff Members Ex-Staff Members / Ex-Staff Members (Sr. Citizen) 5 Years 5.55% p.a. 6.05% p.a 6.55% p.a. 6.55% p.a. All other terms and conditions as contained in P&D Circular No. 2297 dated 03.02.2007
- For issuing multiple FDRs, it is not allowed to offer rate of interest of "term deposit of less than 2 crore"to a single Cust-ID (customer) for the same maturity for multiple term deposits exceeds or equal to Rs 2 crore.For more details please refer HO RMD circular No. 309 dated 03.11.2015.
- For interest on overdue period of FDRs, please refer HO P&D circulatory No. 182 dated 13.06.2017. However, in case of closure, the interest on overdue period will be paid at applicable Saving Bank rate of interest please refer HO RMD circular No. 358 dated 01.09.2017
- For payment of interest and penalty on pre-mature withdrawal of term deposits,please refer HO RMD circular No.400 dated 07.12.2018.
- In terms of HO P&D Circulatory Letter No. : 73 / 2016 -17 dated 03.11.2016, no additional interest rate benefit, over and above the public rate, is allowed to Staff/ Retired Staff/ Spouse of the deceased staff/ Senior Citizens with regard to Capital Gains Accounts Scheme 1988.